Talent.Works is back, elaborating on the applicant characteristics that relate to landing an interview. While the majority of applicants has a meager ~2% chance of getting invited to an interview, some applicants do way better! What accounts for their success?
Analyzing 4000+ applicants, Talent.Works found 13 factors that related to getting an interview.
There are some things outside of the applicants’ control:
- Young applicants have higher chances (+25%).
- Women applicants have better chances (+48%).
- Applicants with a second degree have better chances (+22%).
Fortunately, applicants can boost their interview invitation rate using the following tricks:
- Apply on Monday (+46%), between 6 AM and 10 AM (+89%), and within the first four days (+65%).
- Start sentences with action-related verbs (+140%).
- Use numbers to demonstrate impact (+40%).
- Use occasional buzzwords / jargon (+29%) and skills (+59%).
- Use leadership-related words (+51%) and avoid overusing words related to teamwork and collaboration (-51%) or personal pronouns (-55%).
Here are some of these effects visualized: