Brandon Rohrer — (former) data scientist at Microsoft, iRobot, and Facebook — asked his network on Twitter and LinkedIn to share their favorite resources on A/B testing. It produced a nice list, which I summarized below.
The order is somewhat arbitrary, and somewhat based on my personal appreciation of the resources.
- Course: A/B-testing by Google via Udacity
- Game: So You Think You Can Test? by Lukas Vermeer
- Video: A/B Testing in the Wild by Emily Robinson
- Video: Beyond Two Groups: Generalized Bayesian A/B[/C/D/E…] Testing by Eric Ma via PyCon 2019
- Book: Algorithms to Live By by Brian Christian and Tom Griffiths
- Blog: Why Multi-armed Bandit algorithms are superior to A/B testing by Chris Stucchio (see other materials)
- Blog: Bayesian Bandits – optimizing click throughs with statistics by Chris Stucchio (see other materials)
- Blog: 12 Guidelines for A/B Testing by Emily Robinson (summary).
- Blog: A/B Testing Mastery: From Beginner to Pro in a Blog Post by Alex Birkett via ConversionXL
- Blog: What is A/B Testing? How to Use A/B Testing to Improve Conversions by MailChimp
- Blog: Data Science you need to know! A/B testing by Michael Barber via Medium
- Blog: Detecting Interference: An A/B Test of A/B Tests by Guillaume Saint-Jacques
- Wiki: A/B Testing
- Blog: The Math Behind A/B Testing by Amazon
- Blog: How Not To Run an A/B Test by Evan Miller
- Blog: A/B Testing by Optimezely
- Blog: 5 Things to Know About A/B Testing by Matthew Mayo via KDnuggets
- Blog: A Marketer’s Guide to A/B Testing by CleverTap
- Blog: A Beginner’s Guide To A/B Testing: An Introduction by Neil Patel
Cover image via Optimizely